Saturday, March 23, 2013

COLLARD WRAP!



This meal is one of my favorites I eat for lunch.  It's very filling and you can't help but feel healthy after eating it.  My ingredients switch up all the time so you can really make this your own and a little different each time.  Here's what you'll need....


Ingredients:

Collard leaves (1 per person)
Your favorite mustard
Sliced avocado
&
Your favorite veggies, cut up
(tomato, sliced carrots, cucumber, asparagus, mushrooms, red pepper, onion....etc)
 Dash of sea salt & garlic powder, to taste


Here's a pic of what I used one time.  I pretty much grab random veggies out of the fridge.





Now I squeeze a line of mustard down the center and stuff my veggies in, using the bottom side of the collard.




I added my dash of sea salt & garlic powder.  (I use a lot of garlic powder).  Now roll that 'burrito' up nice and tight....




There you have it!  Looks fancy, huh?  Now to get that 'bow' to help hold your wrap together, simply cut along the edge of a collard green leaf so you have a thick strip.  




Now simply twist it so it's nice and strong, like you're twisting your hair, and wrap it around your wrap.  Wrap your wrap!  :)


EAT & ENJOY! 


*P.s... the avocado acts like the 'mayonnaise'... it holds the veggies together.  You may also use hummus!  Switch it up!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment